Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Frank Lloyd Wright

During the NATA conference in McCook I was lucky enough to tour Nebraska's only Frank Lloyd Wright house. It was amazing. I have been fascinated by FLW since I read the book "Loving Frank" by Nancy Horan but touring this house and seeing his genius in person was breath taking.

Fast forward to my 5th graders shape assignment. We studied geometric shapes and created FLW inspired "windows."
On your planning sheet, design your window using geometric shapes.

tape overhead to planning sheet

use permanent black maker to create the "lead" lines.
(I am in love with Office Max brand permanent makers - see top photo)
flip up overhead and add a bit of color (colored glass)

trace square onto black construction paper


cut out square - be neat and careful


tape your "glass" on the "window frame"

You can check out more of my students finished projects over at our Artsonia site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment