Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 6th - My Pledge

This weekend, while I could have been playing with my kids, I was scrolling facebook and saw this video "Look Up" by Gary Turk.  It made me really think about how much time I spent "on a screen" and not engaged in what was happening around me.

Monday morning I was listening to the radio and they were talking about this week being "screen-free" week. It was like someone was yelling at me to disconnect a bit.  So I took the pledge (you can also by clicking here) and will spend the week logging off at the end of the school day.

Besides it's not like I don't have enough grading to keep my busy...
coke bottle added for size comparison...





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video! It hits home! I just said to my son he needed to look up from his phone while talking to me! :)

    ReplyDelete