Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hubble Inspiration...


I saw this neat post from Mary Making a while ago that linked back to this neat post from Make It... a Wonderful Life and I knew that my 6th graders would HAVE to do it when they studied the planets and space.  Well this week was the week to "explore outer space."

We started by watching this quick video from  National Geographic about the Hubble Space Telescope.  Then looked at images from the Hubble. 
 Then I showed them how to "play" with chalk pastels... blending, smudging, smearing, edging...
Then they got to work... 
They were required to make a background and at least one planet.  
(We popped the planets off the paper with a single piece of cardboard.)  

I think I might want to be an astronaut now! Here are a few of the first ones turned in...





No comments:

Post a Comment