Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mrs. Sunderman

My son is currently a kindergartner and I was bummed to find out that they wouldn't have art class with a certified art teacher.  Rather their classroom teacher would handle all art projects. (No offense to Kindergarten teachers but)  My fear was that he would only learn how to glue cotton balls onto Santa's beard....

A while back he asked if I knew that red and yellow make orange, that blue and red make purple and that yellow and blue make green.  They had been learning about mixing colors in school... YEAH!

Yesterday while he was hanging out in my room he drew this...
Jarrett's Flowers
Picasso's Flowers
When I asked him about it, he shared that it was a famous painting by a guy named Picasso.

Oh how I love his kindergarten teacher even more now.  Thank you Mrs. Sunderman for knowing that your students aren't too young to learn about art!  We are blessed to have you as a teacher for Jarrett.

No comments:

Post a Comment