Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Clay Days...

I love and hate clay.  I love how excited my students get when I mention clay.  I love how many of my struggling students blossom in this medium.  I love how most of the kids ask if their projects will be ready for use as Christmas gifts (maybe... Mrs. Carlisle didn't plan the best).  I love the creativity my students show.  I love getting dirty...    
I hate dusty, slippery floors.  I hate rolling out all that clay for slab projects (I dream of having a slab roller).  I hate that my budget doesn't allow for glaze.  oh well....
This year we are making face pots.  We are rolling out a rectangle of clay, building a face and then adding a slab base.  Some kids are getting really creative with their faces while others are nervous about the time limit (we only have one day to build them) and they just draw their faces on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment