Friday, October 14, 2011

One of THOSE days!

Fridays are always crazy good days...

I mean crazy because I am trying to finish up all the things I didn't get done the rest of the week and plan for next week and teach classes and....

I mean good because after a long week I get to spend the next day with my kiddos at home (or visiting the apple orchard... yeah!)

But today was a one of those amazing teaching days when you see a kid blossom! 
Alex is a 6th grader who struggles with the artroom.... the noise, the colors, and the kids.  It can overwhelm him.  He often spends the class time "shut down."  Today I brought out the iPad (loaned to me by our awesome ELL teacher).
Alex spent the whole time engaged with the drawing program.  He was excited to show me what he had created and at the end of class he asked to do it again next week... these were the first words he ever spoke in my room and he has been coming for 9 weeks. 

WHAT A GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment